Click image for a larger view
- Make one copy of letter H
- Remember that the printed pattern is a mirror image of the design.
You will be placing your fabric on the unprinted side and sewing on the
printed side of the letter pattern.
for general paper piecing instructions.
- Main Fabric:
- Cut 3 strips 3" x 6 ½" (2M, 5M, 8M)
- Background Fabric:
- Cut one strip 4 ½" x 4 ½" (3B)
- Cut two strips 4 ½" x 3 ½" (1B & 6B)
- Cut two pieces 2 ½" x 2 ½" (4B & 7B)
- Piece in numerical order. Place 1M face down on side of the
paper without lines by placing a small amount of glue stick in the
center to hold it while you place the second piece.
- Add Piece number 2M and then number 3B.
- Continue adding 4B, and 5M. Pressing between each step.
- Then add 6B, 7B, and 8M. Pressing between additions.
- Press well and trim excess fabric and paper to ¼" around
the finished size of the letter.
©1999 Dori Hawks