- Make one(1) copy of letter U
- Remember that the printed pattern is a mirror image of the design.
You will be placing your fabric on the unprinted side and sewing on the
printed side of the letter pattern.
for general paper piecing instructions.
- Main Fabric:
- Cut a strip 23" x 3 ½"
- From this strip cut 4 strips 5" long for 3M, 4M, 5M, and 6M
- And one square 3" x 3" for 2M
- Background Fabric:
- Cut one strip 6" x 4 ½" for 1B
- Cut one square 3" x 3" and then cut in half diagonally to make triangles 7B and 8B
- Piece in numerical order. Place 1M face down on side of the
paper without lines by placing a small amount of glue stick in the
center to hold it while you place the second piece.
- Add Piece number 2M.
- Continue adding 3M, and 4M. Pressing between each step.
- Then add 5M, and 6M. Pressing between additions.
- Finally, add triangles 7B and 8B.
- Press well and trim excess fabric and paper to ¼" around
the finished size of the letter.
©1999 Dori Hawks