Fabric Requirements For Block:
If you are making the entire Block of the Month series, just cut the patches
as shown below from the fabrics for the series. The fabric requirements for
the series is in the
If you are making a sample block or just one block, use these fabric
measurements and then cut the patches as shown below. The measurements
NOTE: If you are using a one way fabric, such as the background
fabric in the block with the light blue and mottled orange patches below,
you may need a little more fabric.
TIP: Mark which fabrics you are planning to use for each portion
of the quilt. For example, it is easy to forget that a certain fabric is
planned for the sashing. However, be open to changing your mind. You may
find that a different fabric makes an outstanding sashing and the one you
had planned to use just does not work.
- Fabric A: (1 patch) 6" X 6" Background fabric
NOTE: For this quilt, the background fabric is shown as the mottled
green and yellow in the picture of the finished quilt above. This
fabric will be used in every block in the Block of the Month series
and the wide border.
- Fabric B: (4 half square triangles made from 2 squares) 6" X 10" Background fabric
- Fabric C: (1 patch) 6" X 6" Background fabric
- Fabric D: (4 half square triangles made from 2 squares) 6" X 10" Contrast fabric 1
- Fabric E: (3 squares) 6" X 15" Contrasting fabric 2
- Fabric F: (1 piece) 3" X 8" Contrast fabric 3 (stem)