- Make one(1) copy of letter X. It has two sections.
You will piece each section separately and then sew the two sections together.
- Remember that the printed pattern is a mirror image of the design.
You will be placing your fabric on the unprinted side and sewing on the
printed side of the letter pattern.
for general paper piecing instructions.
- Main Fabric:
- Cut a strip 20” x 3” long
- Then cut into strips that are 6 ½” for 6M, 7 ½” for 4M, and 5 ½” for 1M
- Background Fabric:
- Cut one strip 4” x 5 ½” for 3B
- Cut one strip 4” x 4 ½” for 5B
- Cut one 2” x 2” square and cut in half diagonally for 2B and 7B
- Piece in numerical order. Place 1M face down on side of the
paper without lines by placing a small amount of glue stick in the
center to hold it while you place the second piece.
- Add piece number 2B.
- Continue adding 3B, 4M, and 5B. Press between each step.
- Then add 6M, and 7B. Pressing between additions.
- Press well and trim excess fabric and paper to ¼" around
the finished size of the letter section.
©1999 Dori Hawks