Click image for a larger view
- Make two copies of letter Q
- Remember that the printed pattern is a mirror image of the design.
You will be placing your fabric on the unprinted side and sewing on the
printed side of the letter pattern.
for general paper piecing instructions.
- Main Fabric:
- Cut a strip 3 ½" x 25" for 2M, 3M, 4M, & 9M
- Background Fabric:
- Cut one square 4 ½" x 4 ½" for 1B
- Cut three squares 3" x 3" and cut in half diagonally for 5B, 7B, 8B, 10B, 11B
- The pieces marked 6M, 7B, and 8B need to be pieced together
before adding them to the whole letter.
- Piece in numerical order. Place 1B face down on side of the
paper without lines by placing a small amount of glue stick in the
center to hold it while you place the second piece.
- Add Piece number 2M and then number 3M.
- Continue adding 4M and 5B. Then add the entire already pieced
section with 6, 7, and 8. Pressing between each step.
- Then add 9M, 10B, and 11B. Pressing between additions.
- Press well and trim excess fabric and paper to ¼" around
the finished size of the letter.
©1999 Dori Hawks