- Make one copy of letter I
- Remember that the printed pattern is a mirror image of the design.
You will be placing your fabric on the unprinted side and sewing on the
printed side of the letter pattern.
for general paper piecing instructions.
- Main Fabric:
- Cut 3 strips 3" x 6 ½" (1M, 4M, & 5M)
- Background Fabric:
- Cut 2 strips 3 ½" x 5" (3B & 2B)
- Cut 4 pieces 2 ½" x 2 ½" (6B, 7B, 8B, & 9B)
- Piece in numerical order. Place 1M face down on side of
the paper without lines by placing a small amount of glue stick in
the center to hold it while you place the second piece.
- Add Piece number 2B and then number 3B.
- Continue adding 4M, and 5M. Pressing between each step.
- Then add 6B, 7B, 8B, and 9B. Pressing between additions.
- Press well and trim excess fabric and paper to ¼" around
the finished size of the letter.
©1999 Dori Hawks