Use as a single block for a quilt with several blocks or one block for
a small wall hanging. You can combine it with other blocks as we have
done with .
Designed by Dori Hawks with permission of Mimi Dietrich from her "Pink
Ribbon Quilts: A Book Because Of Breast Cancer."
Makes a 12" Finished Block
Click here to download the Paper Pattern (pdf)
Click image for a larger view
- Make one copy of each of the two units. Make sure that it
will be exactly 12" finished.
- Remember that the printed pattern is a mirror image of the design.
You will be placing your fabric on the unprinted side and sewing on the
printed side of the letter pattern.
for general paper piecing instructions.
- Main Fabric:
- 10" x 15" piece of a medium or dark for the ribbon
- Background Fabric:
- 10" x 20" piece of a light
- Unit A: Piece in numerical order. Place Piece Number 1 face
down on side of the paper without lines by placing a small amount of
glue stick in the center to hold it while you place the second piece.
- Add Piece Number 2 and through Number 13 Pressing between each
step. You will have completed Unit A.
- Unit B: Add Piece Number 1 as above and then continue adding
each piece through Piece Number 7. Press between each step.
- Press well and trim ¼" around the finished size of each Unit.
- Sew Unit A to Unit B. Press well.
|Some Pictures Created in EQ5
©2003 Dori Hawks
With permission from Mimi Dietrich