Click image for a larger view
- Make one copy of letter M
- Remember that the printed pattern is a mirror image of the design.
You will be placing your fabric on the unprinted side and sewing on the
printed side of the letter pattern.
for general paper piecing instructions.
- Main Fabric:
- Cut two strips 3" x 6" (2M & 3M)
- Cut two strips 3" x 7" (7M & 8M)
- Background Fabric:
- Cut three strips 3" x 5" (1B, 5B, 4B)
- Cut one strip 2" x 4" (6B)
- Cut one square 2 ½" x 2 ½" Cut half diagonally (9B & 10B)
- Piece in numerical order. Place 1B face down on side of the
paper without lines by placing a small amount of glue stick in the
center to hold it while you place the second piece.
- Add Piece number 2M and then number 3M.
- Continue adding 4B, 5B, and 6B. Pressing between each step.
- Then add 7M and 8M, pressing between additions.
- Add the two triangles (9B & 10B)
- Press well and trim excess fabric and paper to ¼" around
the finished size of the letter.
©1999 Dori Hawks