Click image for a larger view
- Make one copy of letter P
- Remember that the printed pattern is a mirror image of the design.
You will be placing your fabric on the unprinted side and sewing on the
printed side of the letter pattern.
for general paper piecing instructions.
- Main Fabric:
- Cut a strip 3" x 20" for 2M, 3M, 5M, & 8M
- Background Fabric:
- Cut one rectangle 5" x 3 ½" for 7B
- Cut one rectangle 3 ½" x 4 ½" for 1B
- Cut one square 3" x 3" Cut in half diagonally for 4B and 6B
- Piece in numerical order. Place 1B face down on side of the
paper without lines by placing a small amount of glue stick in the
center to hold it while you place the second piece.
- Add Piece number 2M and then number 3M.
- Continue adding 4B and 5M. Pressing between each step.
- Then add 6B, 7B, and 8B. Pressing between additions.
- Press well and trim excess fabric and paper to ¼" around
the finished size of the letter.
©1999 Dori Hawks