Click image for a larger view
- Make one copy of letter J
- Remember that the printed pattern is a mirror image of the design.
You will be placing your fabric on the unprinted side and sewing on the
printed side of the letter pattern.
for general paper piecing instructions.
- Main Fabric:
- Cut a strip 6 ½" x 3" (5M)
- Cut one strip 6 ½" x 3" (4M)
- Cut one piece 2" x 2" (1M)
- Background Fabric:
- Cut one piece 5 ½" x 5 ½" (3B)
- Cut one strip 2 ½” x 7 ½” and cut into 3 2 ½” squares (2B, 6B, 7B)
- Piece in numerical order. Place 1M face down on side of the
paper without lines by placing a small amount of glue stick in the
center to hold it while you place the second piece.
- Add Piece number 2B and then number 3B.
- Continue adding 4M, and 5M. Pressing between each step.
- Then add 6B, and 7B. Pressing between additions.
- Press well and trim excess fabric and paper to ¼" around
the finished size of the letter.
©1999 Dori Hawks