- Remember that the printed pattern is a mirror image of the design.
You will be placing your fabric on the unprinted side and sewing on the
printed side of the letter pattern. Cut the pattern out with 1/4" seam
allowance on all sides of each section. Read Foundation Piecing Basics Vol 1
for general paper piecing instructions.
- This block has two sections. Piece each section seperately before
joining the sections.
- Piece in numerical order, the numbers start over for each section.
- Steps for piecing the stem section:
- Steps for piecing the main (apple) section:
- See Step 15 of the Foundation Piecing Basics Vol. 1 for joining
the two sections.
- Cutting borders:
- Cut two (2) strips 9 ½" x 2 ¼"
- Cut two (2) strips 6 ½" x 2 ¼"
- Sew the two 6 ½" strips to the top and the bottom of the apple
block. Press seams toward border fabric.
- Sew the remaining 9 ½" strips to the other two sides of the apple
block. Press seams toward the border fabric.
|Color and Setting Variation:|