Click image for a larger view
- Make one copy of letter O
- Remember that the printed pattern is a mirror image of the design.
You will be placing your fabric on the unprinted side and sewing on the
printed side of the letter pattern.
for general paper piecing instructions.
- Main Fabric:
- Cut two strips 3" x 7" (7M & 4M)
- Cut two strips 3" x 4" (2M & 3M)
- Background Fabric:
- Cut one square 3 ½" (1B)
- Cut two squares 2 ½" square. Cut in half diagonally to make 4
triangles. (5B, 6B, 8B, & 9B)
- Piece in numerical order. Place 1B face down on side of the
paper without lines by placing a small amount of glue stick in the
center to hold it while you place the second piece.
- Add Piece number 2M and then number 3M.
- Continue adding 4M and 5B and 6B. Pressing between each step.
- Then add 7M, 8B, and 9B. Pressing between additions.
- Press well and trim excess fabric and paper to ¼" around
the finished size of the letter.
©1999 Dori Hawks