Click image for a larger view
- Make two copies of letter G
- Remember that the printed pattern is a mirror image of the design.
You will be placing your fabric on the unprinted side and sewing on the
printed side of the letter pattern.
for general paper piecing instructions.
- Main Fabric:
- Cut three strips 3" x 6 ½" (8m, 9M, 14M)
- Cut three strips 3" x 2" (1M, 11M, 12M)
- Cut two squares 2" x 2". Cut in half diagonally to make
triangles. You need three triangles (4M, 6M, 7M)
- Background Fabric:
- Cut one strip 2" x 3" (2B)
- Cut one strip 4" x 2 ½" (3B)
- Cut one strip 2 ½" x 3 ¾" (5B)
- Cut one strip 3 ½" x 2 ½" (11B)
- Cut two squares 2" x 2" Cut in half diagonally to make triangles.
You need three triangles (13B, 15B, 16B)
- The pieces marked 10M, 11B, 12M, and 13B need to be pieced together
before adding them to the whole letter.
- After piecing the above section, start piecing in numerical order.
Place piece 1M face down on side
of the paper without lines by placing a small amount of glue stick
in the center to hold it while you place the second piece.
- Add each piece in numerical order through 9M. Press on the
fabric side after each addition.
- Add the small section (with pieces 10-13) to the main
body of the letter. Rip off the the paper seam allowance from the
small section (10-13)
- Finish piecing the letter in numerical order.
- Press well and trim excess fabric and paper to ¼" around
the finished size of the letter.
©1999 Dori Hawks